Wednesday, November 25, 2020

BIRD NEWS:598

 



I spotted the bird of prey again as I made my way homeward, but, as earlier, was not close enough to determine if it were a red kite or kestrel, though I could rule out buzzard.



I will go with kestrel - as the tail did not look much like a red kite, although they are the more frequent species in the area - but I honestly could not tell from such a distance. I should have spent more time observing and less fishing in my bag for the camera, perhaps!



Another shot of Goggles signifies the end of my stroll at the end of the first week of November. It was also the end of my camera - because although it still takes pictures, the screen is dead, meaning I can no longer see what I am taking or have taken until I get home and load the card into the computer. That alone would not worry me too much, however I can no longer reach the commands on the camera - so cannot turn from still to video, nor erase photos from the memory card, etc.



As you can see I need more practice with the new camera. I took it on a repeat walk of my former ramble...and this is how it treated Goggles!



Well....you can see it is a goose, but... I am NOT impressed with the new camera. I used to be able to aim and press the take-photo button and get some great shots, but not so on this model!



Finally, a shot that shows Goggles rather than 'a goose' or a white splodge!



It is hopeless for taking shots of birds in the distance. This was a red kite and I could see it much better with my own eyes than the camera - for once! I am about to call this camera model BLIND - partially, at least!



This shot of the red kite would have been perfect if it had been taken on my old camera...but my new model appears to see everything with a blurr.


Meanwhile, I would like to share an article I read today about benefiting Turkeys... HERE


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wont... i dont like it. im looking for a new camera from the brand i had before as soon as covid lets me shop in person.

    ReplyDelete