Sunday, November 1, 2020

BIRD NEWS:591

 



The answer is Arundel WWT - where the first hide Liz and I visited gave us sightings of several gadwell. When Liz mentioned having seen a heron fly down - I got a better view than she, as she sat too close to see it around the window frame.



We got a good close-up view - well, I did....



Alas, Liz was sitting too far along to see it properly - until she bent round the bar on the window.



Meanwhile - I got a lot of good shots.



Definitely a good sighting to begin our day out with - even if Liz had to bend forward to see properly.



Of course there were other birds to see - gulls, gadwell, geese, even a cormorant...



...but the grey heron was up close, so I took a lot of pictures of it while I had the opportunity. It has been 6 months since I last visited the WWT due to Covid restrictions and the lack of safety on public transport.



2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures of the heron, but I also like the lake with all the birds on the little island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it not often i get close to a heron for good pics.

    ReplyDelete