Friday, April 22, 2022

BIRD NEWS:687

 



In the first hide - the open air one - we spotted siskin amongst the birds. Chaffinches, dunnocks, blue tits, great tits, goldfinches - plenty on view.



The next - the elongated one - hide had us viewing siskin, lesser redpoll, goldfinch, blue tit, great tit, chaffinch, bullfinch, dunnock, greenfinch, wood pigeon, wood mice, and more!



However, my photos did not show the birds clearly, I was sad to discover. I was disappointed not to have gotten any good shots of the lesser redpolls, as this was the first occasion I had seen the species. I had also hoped to have gotten better snaps of the siskins.



I took a photo of the info board, telling us the species sighted the previous day. We saw many of these species ourselves - in fact we saw all the listed birds and animals EXCEPT: Pochard, gadwell, Egyptian goose, teal, shoveler, kingfisher, waterrail, little egret, heron, both snipes, coal tit, weasel and bank vole.



We extended our trip by wandering along part of the riverside walk.



I took photos of two of th boards illustrating the territory we rambled through.



There is even a poem by Shelley thrown in for you to read!

Back home, and the back yard is filled with blackbird, robin, sparrow, dunnock, wren, wood pigeon, collared dove, magpie, blue tit, great tit....but my little gray wagtail has not been seen for a week or two. Maybe he went elsewhere to find a mate or only visits during winter.



Liz and I next took a trip to RSPB Reserve Pulborough Brooks. That means show pigeons!!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many different species there are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, each place we go to has different species...but most places have a variety

    ReplyDelete