Friday, April 22, 2022

BIRD NEWS:689

 





The last shot of the songthrush on my excursion to Arundel, taken as I turned from Dappers into Swillage Lane. once in Arundel, there were birds everywjere of course, as after grabbing refreshments after my 2 hour hike, I headed into the WWT.



Of course, a trip down Swillage Lane - means passing Swillage's 'Poachers Pond' - home of goggles the familiar goose.



Here, you can see Arundel in the distance and a big field. Coming from the field was the familiar song of a skylark. I did try to take some photos of one, as in total I discovered THREE! Alas, I failed - got some lovely shots of empty blue sky!



I arrived in Arundel and went round the WWT afte a coffee. here we see the dalmation pelicans...



Above a Nene....

Below, the trumpeter duo.



I got a rather good shot of a shoveler from one hide i entered. I dont often get close enough to take a photo.



I then approached my favorite birds at WWT - the Bewick Swans. they spotted me and came towards me...



I signed up to attend the WWT online event for curlew day. 'This World Curlew Day, on 21 April, we’re really excited to invite you to a fantastic WWT curlew themed evening, featuring world famous singer-songwriter David Gray in conversation with curlew champion Mary Colwell. ' You can view the event HERE.

2 comments:

  1. The Bewick Swans still know you. That panorama of the castle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its what i see as i walk towards it....

    ReplyDelete