Sunday, April 24, 2022

BIRD NEWS:690

 



Regular readers will know only too well that I really love both pigeons and swans - especially Bewick swans and show pigeons. The Bewick duo and their three youngsters are knowing me quite well as I generally stand around for 5-15 minutes watcing them - unless I come with Liz who isnt especially keen on swans and tends to wander on past with a brief glance.


On this occasion, I was on my own, so stood around for a while enjoying them and took 2 videos.


HERE you can see the first, and HERE a second - illustrating Mrs Silvertag munching something in the mud on the bank - worms? ants?...


That alas was my trip....




My next excursion was with Liz to Chichester, whee we walked the entire length of the canal, round Birdham marina and up to Dell Quay and back. Plenty of birdlife en route, including swans.



We passed around a dozen coot nests.



Some coots already had babes...



Coots and swans here....



& a grebe!

2 comments:

  1. I love the videos, as always. The pictures are always great, but it's nice to see the birds come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that way you can hear them and see how thy move.... :)

    ReplyDelete