Wednesday, February 8, 2023

BIRD NEWS:750

 



We went back to the first hide and the grey wagtail was still there.



We also saw a second thrush. There had been one at the other main hide, but it didnt come out in my photos.



Also at the small pond was a little wren doing much the same as the wagtail - hopping about the ice dipping at the bugs.

HERE is a video I took of the two birds to give you a better idea what they were up to.



I took a few more pictures - I really liked these ones of the wagtail observing itself in the water.



Here is the wren again.




While the grey wagtail remains observing himself apparently, although of course it is really looking for and munching minute bugs and larvae.



On our next trip, Liz and I walked into Arundel. On our way alongside the River Arun as we approached the town, we spotted a pair of Egyptian geese floating along serenely.



2 comments:

  1. I always love to see those videos, because they give a better sense of what it's like for you to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i try to take one every so often - if a bird is close enough to show its behaviour or makes a distinctive call, usually.

    ReplyDelete