Wednesday, February 8, 2023

BIRD NEWS:751

 



I took a second photo of the Egyptian geese as they swam sideways on to us nearby.



Meanwhile, a buzzard flew overhead.



Next we spotted a pair of stonechats on the fence.



At first I was unsure if they were bunting or chats...so I took a few pictures to see if I could see them better on the computer blow up.



Yep, Mr and Mrs Stonechat - hopping along fence/riverside beside us as we entered the town. We then progressed to Swanbourne Lake.



There were pigeons in the tree, but the sunlight hid them from my camera's view.



But here are a courting couple. Lots of tufted ducks and gulls on the lake - with a few cots, moorhen, mallard...



2 comments:

  1. The picture of the buzzard is spooky, but I love the colorful hand feeding all the birds. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. its dark grey skies in this wintry season, lol. Thats Liz's hand - well gloved!!

    ReplyDelete