Friday, September 1, 2023

BIRD NEWS:790

 



The last shot of the show pigeon outside Warnham starts todays bunch of photos. Then we get into the next excursion Liz and I took with birds involved - to Leonardslee.



It is the Surrey Sculpture time of year, and as usual, a few of the sculptures were bird related, so came under the eye of my garbage camera.



Alas, I was unable to solve my camera issue yesterday so my photos are still blurry, grainy, or disasters. (I tried Currys - but they had NO point and shoot digital compact cameras under £200, Argos only have garbage ones, and I can't get to a proper camera store yet). It was raining, so no more photos were attepted on this trip though.



Our next excursion was to Benbow Pond, where we arrived after a short visit to Midhurst for refreshments/toilet usage. We were greeted by a black swan and hoard of Egyptian geese.



They were lazing about on the side of the pond where we were to begin our next hiking adventure from - this time, a 5 & 3/4 mile hike.



They were at the right distance for my garbage camera to more or less get a focussed if not good quality shot.



Liz was tying on her hiking boots after taking off her driving shoes, so I had time to take several shots, hoping a few would come out reasonably well.



2 comments:

  1. I love the owl sculpture and the black swan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the black swan was a one off....never seen a wild one around here before. its like the albino wallabies at Leonardslee

    ReplyDelete