Thursday, April 9, 2015

BIRD NEWS:24, shame on you David Cameron, & nightingales

Back home, and the birds have been hanging around. Pidge sat in the tree observing the windowsill of seed and suet - and me in my typing chair...



...and then braved it and went to eat.





The bluetits are enjoying next door's bird box again as a safe nesting spot this year. As April begins, Easter arrives - and on Easter Sunday itself, I took a peek out of the window as I heard noises in the bird table and wanted to make sure there was no cat there eating the birds bread or suet balls...


Nope, a pair of jackdaws - that was fine. A black blurrrrrrrrr dashed past as I took a photo, though. Mr Black had spotted my face at the window. The appearance of my face at the window generally means suet pellets are coming onto the sill... He stood on the tree as if to say 'hurry up please, I have young to feed'...so I scooped out some seed and suet and placed it along the sill for him, and the left overs to be munched by whatever flies past next, as I go about my day and prepare to do the laundry...


Alas, I have an article to share with you HERE concerning the current PM of England and his December pigeon murder excursion.

Finally, a petition to sign if you are interested - asking the BBC to Broadcast Nightingales live on BBC radio this May. You can sign it HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I can't sign the petition-- they apparently don't accept ZIP codes from the Colonies.

    So have the pigeons decided to nest in the main tree now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( not yet, they use it daily to sit in and fly to the sill from though.

    ReplyDelete