Saturday, April 11, 2015

BIRD NEWS:25




Ok, I admit this is not a very good photo - but it is the first baby bird caught on camera this season - Mr Black was on the sill and I heard this squeaky noise. On looking, I spotted the baby nearby! Alas, despite taking two shots, neither came out well - but, we have baby birds in the yard again!




This shot is not a good one either - but is of Curio scoffing down beakfulls of home baked bread on Easter Monday. The second week of April continued and I was stirring a curry at the kitchen window - camera ready - and managed to get a few shots.




These are of Pidge investigating the undergrowth up the side. Later on, I spotted why he was so obsessed with this area - he was munching the stale peanuts I had thrown out of the feeder hanging above the path when I replaced them for the bluetits the day before!


This last shot for today's post is of Curio standing on the pole in my veg patch as a marker. More photos of this curry-stirring day will be found in my next post.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the baby birds. :)

    I guess all the birds like that marker pole. It's cute when they perch there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. One has already been eaten, unfortunately... yes, the robin liked the one near the house in winter - don;t see Mr Bob much at this time of year though. The blackbirds nd starlings like the bigger pole....

    ReplyDelete
  3. and again - sparrowhawk swooped into the tree anbd snatched another baby blackbird while it was singing near its dad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. :( I know the sparrowhawk is only doing what comes naturally, but it's a shame anyway.

    ReplyDelete