Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BIRD NEWS:26



I left off with a shot of Curio on the veg marking post - and here is a second shot of her, in a better position for once. She is surveying the territory, searching for nesting material - second nest of the season underway!




These two shots were taken a few minutes later on the same day. I spotted a starling munching in the bird table, and went along with my camera to try to get a couple of shots - and to learn if it was the bread, suet ball, or cheese it favored. It turned out to be the huge chunk of cheese. This is no longer a huge chunk, due to multiple pecks, of course...

My next target for the camera was a group of sparrows who were climbing over the rose bushes that climb the arch. a half dozen or so of them were on and off it over the course of 5 minutes and I managed to get a few interesting shots, including the first one where Tapper was observing, ready to fly up...




...and this shot of a hiding Spadge, while a starling bum shows my previous photographic subject was still at his luncheon. My penultimate shot for today is of one cheeky fellow doing a Naboo impersonation - HIDING from my camera!




And, finally, two sparrows investigate the rose bush for tiny bugs to munch - with the appearance of an ornamental duck for a bonus!

4 comments:

  1. Hah. I don't think we've ever seen that duck before.

    That's a really nice shot of curio pole-sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another one coming up - but as i cant get on my regular computer, my blog post will be delayed.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing your computer is fixed now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes eventually... i had a post sitting around for 4 days waiting to be posted!

    ReplyDelete