Tuesday, August 18, 2015

BIRD NEWS:71


One last shot of the teenage blackbird from July to share, before continuing with August. The first week of the new month brought a fear to me, as the council sent someone out about clearing my yard due to rat scares over the back of us. It sounded as if they were officially going to order me to raze the lot, or at least too much for my own comfort.

Thankfully, when the day and time arrived, a friend turned up to help me through - as I am not very good when dealing with official people. Also thankfully, they managed to 'cheerful chatter' the official man out of the legal shell into humanity, and the result is that 3 tasks need to be seen to - but the birds should all be safe and well - as well as the hedgehogs, frogs, bees, butterflies, etc. PHEW!





Onwards to August pictures now, and here is Magster's youngster sitting in my tree. Next up, Mr Black is caught on camera during the second week of the new month.


3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad the council guy was sympathetic and that your backyard nature preserve is safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For now, yes.... and not ONE single rat poop discovered, humph!

    ReplyDelete