Sunday, March 20, 2016

BIRD NEWS:131


Here is a view of the new bird house from the kitchen window - as you can see, it is possible to just spot whether or not somebody moves in from the place I stand when cooking - daily.

February began, and on the first weekend I went on a 700-run. This usually means plenty of bird photographs and more often than not some of a certain parrot and budgie. Alas, this trip, I did not call in to visit them - however, several photos were taken during the trip.


My first shot was taken in Shoreham when trying to escape the gales by wandering off up the shopping street towards the churchyard. I spotted one seagull braving the winds...


He obviously did not want his photo taken, however! The usual crowd of city pigeons were absent on the toilet-road roof this trip, but I did manage to take a few shots ... of more seagulls.


This time at the far side of the harbor, while sitting in the park to sip a hot carton of coffee from the local patisserie. The coffee warmed me up - but I had to take a firm hold of the cup whilst operating the camera, as the wind was very strong this time and would have whipped anything but a full mug off the seat had I placed it beside me as I sometimes do.

3 comments:

  1. It took me a minute to spot the birdhouse up there in the corner.

    I really love that shot of the seagull in the old graveyard. Old graveyards are one of my favorite subjects for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With zoom i can get better shots when somebody moves in! Well, birds are MY favored photographic topic, lol

    ReplyDelete