Thursday, March 24, 2016

BIRD NEWS:132




Here is another shot of the mass of gulls accumulated across the harbor from my coffee spot. The next photo is not a bird - not a whale either - but an upturned boat! I am uncertain if it is always upside down, only upturned during high tides, or got caught by the gales whipping about me - which is why I did not stay any longer after taking a half dozen pictures and sipping a delicious coffee.


My next - and only other - stop on this trip was Brighton. I slowly paraded around a few stores and made 2 bags worth of purchases before climbing aboard the bus home. It was a double decker and I chose to ride the Brighton-Asda/Ferring ride up top. This gave me the opportunity to take some photos while the trip of circa 1.5 hours duration took place.


This first shot shows bird poop, not birds - generally there are a few pigeons up top the bus shelter roof, but.....not today. Maybe the winds put them off or perhaps somebody threw some unwanted food on the ground nearby - or the wind stole it and put it there, I thought.


I managed to catch a single seagull flying across the sky above the shopping mall whilst other riders climbed aboard. From this angle, I managed to find the missing pigeons, too - there they all were crowded upon a shop roof nearby!


The angle I had to get in to take the shot allowed for an explosion of color due to reflection in the bus window, alas, so my 2 tries were more or less colorful failures.


2 comments:

  1. Those are some very interesting shots, especially from the upper bus. I feel sorry for whoever lost their boat.

    I wonder what those figures are in the windows of that building. They look kind of ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some sorta city 'decor'....shrugs....

    ReplyDelete