Thursday, September 7, 2017

BIRD NEWS:366




I came across the blacknecked swans next, shortly after passing an identification board which I also took a photo of - in case the mystery bird from my last post was one of those - but the bill is different, so I will stick to assuming it to be a young thrush.



The blacknecked swan was hovering around the feeding area for diving birds - as eager as the gulls to get a taste of what lay inside - but not able to dive under the enclosure to reach the food.


I turned aside briefly and thought I got a shot of the duck at the top of the info board, but seemed to have chopped it out. I went back to take another shot or two of the swan.



The other one came up soon after to join it. I assume their nest produced no young, as there have been no cygnets in sight this year.






2 comments:

  1. those blacknecked swans are amazing. They're like half-and-half cookies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... there are some strange swans in the world - these are not resident to the UK - other than at reserves.

    ReplyDelete