Sunday, September 17, 2017

BIRD NEWS:369 & Darwin


My next excursion was to Worthing, with the aim of attending the chili fiesta that is usually held in Shoreham. I was not extremely impressed with the Worthing version, as there were less stalls and the vegetarian curry cart I had been looking forward to dining from did not show up. I wandered around the streets a little also, and found a pigeon to photograph.



I ended up buying a tub of vegetarian Thai flavored rice noodles from the noodle bar and sitting in a shelter on the beachfront to eat lunch - and found a bunch of old pals. Long time readers may recall Worthing used to bring about shots of 'the beach gang' - well, here are the present gang.




That last shot is of one of the old members who remembered me! He came up to see if I had any seed or crumbs - but alas, hot and spicy noodles were not suitable to share.

Some encountered geese and ducks that inhabit the Swillage Pond that I pass on my way to various hikes I have recently taken have as yet eluded my camera, as I have not taken it with me on these walks. I intend to trot down to the pond at some point in the next few weeks with the sole purpose of taking a few shots to share of these birds, though. For the time being, let me introduce them as white ducks, colored ducks, mallards and geese of some sort.

Finally for this posting - some information about Darwin relative to birds - HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, we haven't seen the rocky beach in a while. It's nice that that little guy remembered you.

    I love that first picture. Looks like the pigeon is going shopping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... is that the store for bird food - or for 'toilet paper' lol!

    ReplyDelete