Saturday, September 23, 2017

BIRD NEWS:370


That brings us to my next excursion - yet again to Arundel WWT. This trip was taken mid-September and included a walk entitled 'Discover Bird Surveying', which turned out to be quite interesting. My first shot is of the lake beside the cafe preceding the walk/talk and whilst taking a quick vegetarian lunch from the cafe before a stroll right round first! It shows a row of seagulls with some mixed ducks beyond.


Next up, one more shot with more variety, taken whilst sipping pear juice and munching a hommous/roasted veg sandwich. Next, an info board about robins, with information that was new to me.



I began to wander round on my regular clockwise circle of the site - eager to test out my new noccies. Before doing so, I grabbed a photo of a group of Australian wood ducks. I came upon the Bewick swan enclosure - it was no surprise to find the cygnets almost adult in size and color. After all, it has been several weeks since my last encounter.



I spent a little while observing them swimming from the bank to the water and onwards before I too moved onward.



As you can see, the cygnets are now almost as large as the parents and not much greyer.

5 comments:

  1. That last picture scared me for a second before I looked closer.

    The Bewick swan pictures are great. It's cool how the cygnets are as big as the adults, but still a bit gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked like he was floating face down.

    ReplyDelete