Saturday, September 30, 2017

BIRD NEWS:371




I appear to have taken far more pictures of the Bewick swans than I thought I had - but then, I took a lot more than planned overall. I had intended to just take 2-3 shots of each bunch of swans and maybe 2-3 other photos all trip, focusing on using the new binoculars, but I seem to have see-sawed between bins and camera. Another swan up next - the Trumpeter.



Not sure where the other one was - I only saw one on this trip. Perhaps that white splodge to the right of the island is the other swan? Maybe they are having nesting attempt #2 for 2017...



Some information for you next up, on starlings and water rails. Both of these birds have been pictured in previous blog entries.



Today's final shot shows yet another swan - the black-necked swan! If you are getting bored with swans - click HERE and HERE for a couple of articles about a couple of smaller birds.

2 comments:

  1. The black-necked swan is cool.

    Those starling murmurations are amazing. Have you seen them in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 'little' local ones...not the en masse town versions. L says they are at brighton, but i am always home a few hours beforehand...

    ReplyDelete