Thursday, March 1, 2018

BIRD NEWS:395



This is a cool shot that just happened. I was trying to take a picture of the eider ducks on their cafe-side lake as I neared the exit, when a pigeon swooshed in front of me....we therefore have a group of eiders and a flying pigeon!


The black necked swan was showing off its neck as I strolled briskly past its lake enclosure just before the eider area today. Back to pigeons - as I spent my last 10-15 minutes at the reserve, I spotted a pair of wood pigeons in a tree - the one to the right was munching something from the tree.



Finally for today, I was on my way back to the exit, too chilled to continue and deciding to grab lunch at a store on my way home, when this little fellow stood on the path pecking at grubs or crumbs to one side begging for its photo to be taken, which of course I did.

On arriving home, with the excitement of having photos of a firecrest to check out, I soon lost my slightly risen mood back to gloom. Filling the kettle to grab a hot chocolate to sit with while browsing my pictures, I spotted a back yard of white feathers - those pigeon-murdering black cats have been killing on my territory again.

To close for the day - HERE and HERE are articles on a pair of birds i have not yet seen.

2 comments:

  1. I wish those cats would stick to their Meow Mix. That's a great picture of the little Firecrest, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - agreed. not sure what they a4re fed - but whatever it is, it doesnt fill them up enoughto prevent them from psetering other peoples wildlife.

    ReplyDelete