Saturday, March 24, 2018

BIRD NEWS:400



More rain and eider duck shots from my March trip to Arundel WWT start todays blog. It rained about 75% of my trip, but all was not lost - the WWT reserve has a cafe, several hides, and on this occasion special events. The first thing I did after coffee and viewing the eiders was attend a lecture on Peregrines.

It being wet weather and my day being free, I thought I would find out more about the bird - although I have only seen one 1-2 times when at this very center, from a distance flying overhead.



I then moved on to the lapwing hide to see....lapwings! I walked past the Bewick swan enclosure afterwards and took a couple of shots of the family - still a foursome at the current time.


From my photos today, it looks as if a wood pigeon has decided to join them! My last shots for now are of a blackheaded gull standing on a post I passed.



HERE is the link to an article I wrote about the robin and HERE to one I wrote on the firecrest.


2 comments: