Saturday, November 6, 2021

BIRD NEWS:646

 




The pair of collared doves enjoy pecking below the feeders, where greedy birds gobbling down the seed drop crumbs or toss out seeds they do not fancy. It is lovely to see them back again after several years.



Starling, finch, tit, sparrow...they all enjoy the menu at the Sande Cafe! Now, Liz and I took an excursion - after many weeks of not doing so, it felt to me.



We arrived at Leonardslee Gardens and went to buy refreshments. What should we see at one of the picnic tables - but a peacock!



I crept a bit closer - it did not seem to object. Maybe it liked having its picture taken it was probably quite used to it if it had been hanging out outside the cafe for long!



After a while it got fed up of the picnic table and went to forage in the garden behind.



I dont often get a chance to get up close to a peacock, so I took plenty of photos.



Perhaps too many....



5 comments:

  1. Wow, those are great pictures of the peacock. What a beautiful shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is pretty - but they make a terrible noise when they call... Liz doesnt like them much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I never heard one. I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound more like chimps than birds. :D

    ReplyDelete