Monday, November 22, 2021

BIRD NEWS:651

 



I managed to spot a pair of Canada Geese - which seem to be everywhere these days.



I could not see much other activity on the pond though.



These geese and goats seem to share their land amicably...



As I walked towards my village, I spotted the house with the dovecote - complete with either doves or pigeons.



Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, plenty of pigeons here!! lovely! It being a private house, i did not like to stand and stare for too long, even though I adore pigeons,



Back home, and the dozey dove was in the bird bath. I also spotted a goldfinch eating - and dropping sunflower hearts that a squirrel was eagerly munching below...



It gets quite entertaining watching all the wildlife enjoy my garden - although my neighbors to one side certainly don't - they think it's a mess of overgrown weeds!!



Our next trip was to Wakehurst Place and Liz and I sat down for refreshments...only to obtain a companion!

HERE is the link to a movie about robins...


2 comments:

  1. That house has such impressive bird mansions, I think they want people to stare. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....i dont know, but....a pigeon lover cant help themselves!

    ReplyDelete