Tuesday, November 9, 2021

BIRD NEWS:647





Suddenly another peacock appeared. So, they now house a pair of peacocks near the cafe at Leonardslee! Like pheasants, the male is brighter than the female in this species - and the one with the fancy tail display when it wants to show off.



They wandered about some - getting closer still to the actual cafe.



I wondered if they were going to go inside....they got closer, and closer...



...but we did not see them go right in. We wandered around some more...



I would call this statue pigeonhead, but I think it's a dove and to do with peace, or so Liz said.



Leonardslee also have 10 farm ducks on one of their ponds now. Our next excursion was to Nymans. We wandered the gardens, then both woodland areas.



At one point I spotted a bird fly and land - a bird of prey....a kestrel!







3 comments:

  1. I love those peacocks. That's a cool statue, too. The bluebird of happiness, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forget what its about now - peace i think... but to me it symbolizes pigeon-headedness!!

    ReplyDelete