Monday, November 22, 2021

BIRD NEWS:652




There appeared to only be seagulls and mallards on the pond.



But there were plenty of birds at Wakehurst Place including this pheasant.



There was a little bird at the feeders, and we were unsure if it was a coal tit or marsh tit... Liz tried to explain the difference as the white at the neck-head, but could not recall which was which.



I got a good shot of a blue tit though.



We did not spend all day at the feeder station - but wandered around the bulk of the land. At one point, we discovered a wood carved turkey! We had spotted a couple of woodcarvings on a previous trip - but this visit had us find a few more hidden away on a track we must previously have missed.



We then spotted a bird of prey land on a tree...but it was not close enough to tell what type - possibly a kestrel.



My next excursion was a solo trek to Arundel WWT. I walked through the woodland, so passed Goggles and his gang of mallards. I continued on my hike and arrived at Arundel WWT after about 2.5 hours - due to taking a different route to the quickest one.



From HERE you can view a link to include - scroll down - a good shot of a grey wagtail. I have one of these visit my pond quite often.




2 comments:

  1. I wonder who carves the wooden turkeys. Maybe it's a talented real turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt take note...but there were some other carvings too...so i guess a local artist.

    ReplyDelete