Monday, December 5, 2022

BIRD NEWS:731

 



This little one was staring out at Liz and I at RSPB Pulborough Brooks, which was our next trip. Along with the few photos I took of nearby birds, we spotted stonechat, lapwing, canada geese, a ruff, a swan, a shaggy part-moulted buzzard, redshank, blacktailed godwit...



We were not quite sure what he was....but in the pics we still cannot tell. I definitely know a show pigeon when I see one though! there were some hanging out the roof in Storrington with city pigeon, and this fellow at RSPB.



Back home, and I put some seed on the sill for Pidge who looked in my window - but this fella beat him to it.



It kept turning its head when I went click....



I kept trying and finally....



...I finally got a shot....of it stuffing its face!



I popped into Mewsbrooks Park after visiting the coffee cart for the final time and popping in on a lady I help care for and took a few pictures as I strolled through on my way home,



HERE is a link about dancing birds that includes my beloved pigeons....though wild rock doves do still exist - we had some in our hard 5-8 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool. Can you report sightings of the Wild Rock Doves, so they can be on the lookout for more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could....but i havent seen them this year and the app you report them on is a tad difficile...

    ReplyDelete