Monday, December 12, 2022

BIRD NEWS:733

 






I took more photos of the birds of prey in the display arena than of sheep.



Our next trip was to Arundel, where we began our hiking by passing Swanbourne Lake.



Of course, I found some pigeons!!



We then wandered off north of the lake onto permissive paths. Among our ramblings we found a flock of pheasants. They shot out fro a dip and ran up the hill...



There were about 30 in total.



So....why did I take this picture of a herd of cows on our next stretch of hike - across the fields and along the river Arun?



Thats right - those white heads.....egrets!!!! W found at least 4, possibly 6 but probably 5. I have circled 3 in my final picture for todays post.




HERE is a link to an article about farmland birds


and HERE is a bird themed quiz for you to try.


 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Now those are my childhood pigeons from Dorchester. 😀 Do those egrets have a particular reason for hanging around those cows, like some sort of symbiotic relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, city pigeons/rock doves... yes, the egret eat the bugs/flies off the cattle. so both species are pleased to encounter one another - only the flies fail to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flies better evolve, I guess. 😀

    ReplyDelete