Tuesday, December 13, 2022

BIRD NEWS:734

 




This is a soggy dove trying to shelter from the rain in my pittisporum tree outside my bedroom window.



This baby coot signifies the start of our next venture - Liz and I went to Chichester and walked the canal to the harbour and along to Dell Quay and back. We spotted a multitude of birds, many of which I got on the camera...but some of which I didnt - such as the buzzard, starlings, black caps....



This dozing mallard found a better use for the jetty than fishing - napping. We found it amazing that this young coot family stored its young halfway up the reeds rather than on the next or in the water.



We then came across a little grebe...and I tried to take its photo.



First it showed us its bum - then turned slightly to one side with its beak....I wanted a side on or facial so kept snapping pictures hopefully.



It did turn to the side at last, after a couple of dives....



But still I was not satisfied with my pictures....yet.



HERE is a link to a article about thrushes.


2 comments: