Monday, December 26, 2022

BIRD NEWS:737

 



On our way back into Chichester, we spotted the little grebe again! I once again took a few pictures hoping at least one would be excellent.



Next, I took a photo of a strange duck near a coot. My silly camera decided i was supposed to take a shot of the weeds on the bank instead and focussed incorrectly though - i so miss my lil pink box fujifilm that always took what i wanted rather than having a mind of its own as my current kodak does.



The next shot came out clearer though. Liz and i decided it must be a female tufted.....but....there were no other tufted ducks to be seen.



The last couple of shots are of the heron again. It had changed position since our way out, and on our way back looked wet - as if it had dived in for a fish since our last sighting.



You can see its feet well in this last shot from our trip.



Lisa and I popped into Arundel to lunch/coffee/and mini-hike. Liz gave us some bird seed so we went to visit the pigeons and ducks at Swanbourne lake.




Having food, they flocked us!

 


 

HERE is a seasonal article.


 



2 comments: