Friday, August 4, 2023

BIRD NEWS:780

 



Yep - this is one of a mismatched odd pair. Here is the other...



Mallard shaped - but NOT mallard colored!


Back home, there were baby sparrows in the back yard.



In fact, there were a lot of young birds in the back yard - young goldfinches, sparrows, doves, pigeons, robins, starlings.....



This was supposedly a wood pigeon - however I dont get along well with my new camera and will be happier when I can give it away to Muku to play around with, once I obtain a decent one again - one that does not blur pictures, make start and stop nises, whirr when clicked or take up to 10 seconds to take the shot while fussing about focussing and produce an unfocused picture anyway.



Somebody is looking thru the window at Naboo....



...who is hiding!

HERE is a topical article on britains pink birds.



My last two shots for todays post are from the South of Englnd show that Liz and I spent around 8 hours at one Saturday in June. Naturally, I took photos of the pigeons exhibited.



I found them in the poultry section, which is where they were at the Findon sheep show, so where I expected them, if there were any - and there were! The bottom right black and white one is like fluffy one of our originals back in Wollongong, while the white on the top is like three of the babes we had.



2 comments:

  1. Those pictures from the South of England show came out good. I like their backdrop.

    ReplyDelete