Thursday, August 4, 2016

BIRD NEWS:212



One last shot of the trumpeter swan family, before moving on to other waterfowl. The bird in the blurry photo was a white duck - the type seen depicted in many children's storybooks as a duck. It was swimming along the pathside stream with a couple of young and I just had to take a shot - or two - or...



Well, the one of the little yellow baby did not turn out either. The coot swimming down the waterway came out far better though. It was not alone - I dropped the camera downwards in view and caught it with its water-mate, which I think is a tufted duck.



I wandered further along the reedbed walk and into the woodland hide where I spotted the Mommy duck with youngsters and baby moorhens that I had seen previously that regular readers might recall. Their tiny wings were the same size as their beaks last time I saw them. They were not much bigger this time.



This final shot for today is a quiz-game for readers. WHAT species is this tiny bird pictured near the peanut feeder above? Better quality photos of the bird will follow along with the answer in my next post!

2 comments: