Saturday, August 27, 2016

BIRD NEWS:219



Just two more shots of the magpie taken on my new camera, before we move on to the Angmering Fayre. I must recall to lower the file storage size on the new camera shots - they come out twice as large as my giant old camera ones and have to be resized to find anything!

At the fayre there was a birds of prey exhibition, where several birds were stationed on or at little perches to look at. There was a display on the program, but I had left by the time that began as the friend I had pushed down in a wheelchair did not like the look of the black clouds building up in addition to the wind that was quite strong, and was ready to leave after an hour. I did however get several shots of the birds themselves.



In case you wonder what species they are - as I did - I included a shot of the plaques. I figured that two were owls, which was correct, but had no clue what the other two were til I read their info boards.



Next along, was a hawk doing a solo act, though why this one was not with a group, I am unsure - maybe it was the one used for the display, or perhaps it was a grumpy bird and the others did not get along with it very well.
There was just one more set of birds in the exhibit...



Unfortunately, the signs did not come out clearly in my shot, this time - but at least one is a falcon.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great display at the Faire. I wonder what that rehabilitation program means-- reintroducing them into the wild?

    ReplyDelete