Friday, May 5, 2017

BIRD NEWS:326 and info.



Regular readers may realize that this is not one of my usual haunts - the back or front yard, Arundel, or Chichester, Brighton, Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing... but no, it was not another excursion with Liz and John. This was a solo trip on the 700 to Bognor Regis.


Over Easter, I had some vacant time and decided to whoosh off on the bus and explore Hotham Park. I had not been there since childhood, when I recall a Mickey Mouse and a Humpty Dumpty statue had their pictures taken with me. Now, it is more of a garden park and I spent a little over an hour there on Easter Saturday.


These nests were of a group of large black birds - oh no, not those again, regular readers may groan. Well, thanks to Liz I have ruled out ravens and I already know they are not jackdaws....which left the possibility of rooks or crows. Here is a sample shot of one...


Whilst locating a place to sit to sip my coffee, I spotted a song thrush hunting the lawns so went closer and sat nearby. It didn't seem that bothered by me, although at home, Plateface generally only appears in cold winters and hides away the rest of the year. This was spring, though...



2 comments:

  1. More moody pictures in Hotham Park. It's nice to be able to go back and visit a spot from your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i am very glad it has changed since back then - i would rather find crows and thrushes than mickey mouse and humpty dumpty!

    ReplyDelete