Sunday, May 28, 2017

BIRD NEWS:335



Back home, and we have a new Bubster-Pidge on the scene - and sill. This one is still unafraid of humans - well, of me at least. It does not fly away when I go to the window - yet. Here it is sitting in the tree staring at me...


April drew to a close, and on the penultimate day I took another excursion. Regular readers will know instantly where I went when spotting this first photo...

Yes, back to Arundel. Liz gave me an annual subscription to the WWT reserve for my 50th birthday last year and the year is nearly over. I thought it fitting to attend on my 51st birthday! Although, she has persuaded me to join up beyond the initial gift year - and I am somewhat hooked on following the life of the various swans here...

Every time I visit, I learn something new, I see something new, and enjoy my trip. I did not previously know this information about mallards, for example. This next picture shows something similar to what was experienced at the start of my membership last year - goose and goslings near the boat trip entrance seats - keeping an eye on us human strangers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you renewed your membership.

    Regarding picture size, most of these turned out big, except for the second one. The last one is bigger than my screen when I maximize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird - they dont have a setting to say what size to have them come up[ - they automatically resize them as they wish.....

    ReplyDelete