Saturday, May 27, 2017

BIRD NEWS:334



indeed, in this picture it appears mommy coot is teaching baby coot how to eat without being fed and the baby does look very interested in the lesson! My final stop for this brief 1-2 hour trip to Arundel was the cafe, where I had coffee and lunched. The eider ducks seemed to be congregating noisily around the cafe area to my pleasure.


Not having human companions with me on this trip, it was nice to hang with the eiders...

I then made my way onwards, already having stopped at Bognor and Littlehampton before Arundel - but wanting to slip in Rustington on my way home. I did in fact manage the lot in an excursion of 8 hours and 15-20 minutes.

On my way home, I strolled along the avenue to town to catch the bus and spotted an entire family of pheasants. As there are 3 gray and one brown, I assume the brown is the female and gray are the young.


One last shot taken back in the reserve that for some reason did not come in order numerically when i loaded the photo - of the trumpeter swan.

2 comments:

  1. The mommy coot does seem to be explaining the facts of life to baby. :D

    That was a long day of traveling around.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get my moneys worth for an all day bus ticket, lol.

    ReplyDelete