Friday, December 1, 2017

BIRD NEWS:381




We start today's posting with 2 pictures of magpie geese that I passed on my one and only full circuit of the reserve, before a semi-circuit and boat trip. Ducks only, the next signposted photo says - but...I see pigeons and a coot!



Yes, plenty of pigeons, but...not a duck in sight. Here, again, you can see country cousin hanging out with city dude and show pigeons! Next up, a couple of lake-shots showing the eider ducks.



As you can see, there are a lot of ducks on the lake - along with the eiders - and geese, and....



Finishing up today's blog, my second visit to the Bewick swan lake....

Interim localized news: - Liz now has peanuts, nyger seed, fat balls and bird seed on her feeder-tree - same as I have on my feeder pole. We both get sparrows mostly - with the odd blue tit, goldfinch, starling...and other exciting oddities.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all the birds on the lake. Must be Black Friday. :D

    Or black-and-white Friday. Those black-and-white geese are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like giant magpies - hence the name!

    ReplyDelete