Friday, December 1, 2017

BIRD NEWS:382


Here is the entire Bewick swan family enjoying the late afternoon on a warm fall day. Excuse the coot, mallard, shoveller... Next, the Trumpeter swan came over as I passed by their lake for the second time on my current trip.



I then stopped to take a couple of shots of the goldfinch colony in the wildlife garden area. This is where they normally hang out - unlike the goldfinch spotted in the woodland hide earlier in the afternoon!



Back to the Bewick swans, as I made my way towards the exit - toying with the idea of staying on til the latter bus and joining the last boat trip, rather than getting the early bus and stopping off to buy bird food on my way home. One young bird here was busy eating - grass, not bird seed/suet though.



Encountering Liz at the boat jetty, I decided to join in on the final boat excursion for the day - and she offered to give me a lift home, so I didn't have to juggle between running to catch the earlier or strolling about before the latter bus.

Soon, it will be time for the bird watch again - are you interested in taking part perhaps - if so - click here.

1 comment:

  1. That first picture of the swans is wonderful-- it's like a painting.

    ReplyDelete