Friday, December 22, 2017

BIRD NEWS:386


Another shot of the cormorant surrounded by shelducks, gulls, and teasels is seen above. One gull decided to pose on a post nearby, before I moved to another hide.



I passed the Trumpeter swans en route. As you can see from the picture below, their area is flooded. I think it may be on purpose - as a pair of staff wardens were parading about in full-length gum boots within the enclosure.



I arrived at the woodland area to see a goldfinch stuffing itself on the same feeder as a blue tit and great tit - alas the great tit swung out of view and you can only see the tail. My second attempt did little better - as the blue tit was done and flying away and the goldfinch mid chomp.



I tried again when a pair of chaffinches came along - the goldfinch still munching away. One female chaffinch is up top left in the corner on the tree...

1 comment: