Saturday, December 16, 2017

BIRD NEWS:385


For regular readers wanting to know the answer to the question posted in my previous entry - the answer is YES! I share a few shots later on...but first, I managed to catch a longtailed tit. My next shot was of an egret, a bird longggggggggggg term readers will know about from my blog postings in Australia a decade ago, as well as anybody who read my book on the subject of Illawarra Birdlife...(which is still available HERE if anyone is interested)



There it is again, with a couple of shelducks. Further along, just beyond the next pile of stuff in the water - is the cormorant.



You can probably just see a large erect black bird with gray bib....a better photo is coming. But first, we pop along to the Bewick Swans to see how the pair of cygnets are going.



Finally for today - a better shot of the cormorant, taken from a hide closer to the island he perches upon. Shelducks and Barrows Goldeneyes can also be seen, along with a few gulls.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I finally guessed right-- I had a 50/50 chance. The cormorant looks cool. He seems to think he's Batman.

    I'm still loving those wide-angle misty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont yet know enough about them to know why he stood that way.....

    ReplyDelete