Saturday, February 1, 2020

BIRD NEWS:550



To start my last installment of January 2020 WWT at Arundel, a bunch of greylag geese and a single lapwing! I have circled the lapwing  for the hard of sight on the second shot.


The bewicks were munching and lunching as I walked by on my way to the exit...trying to ignore the mute duo on the path near by and concentrate on eating. In this lake, unlike their own, they kept getting muddy beaks as they foraged for food. I then left the reserve to go home, via the shops. On my way down the tree lined avenue - otherwise known as mill road - that on my previous visit was flooded, I spotted a white egret fishing in the cow fields.


I have even one more photo to share of their trip - a swan and cygnet in the river arun as I went to the bus stop!!




I went on a solo ramble up Swillage Lane and spotted this large white bird over to one side after passing the big house with peacocks in the yard. I was hoping to get a clearer view when I computerized the picture - but I still cant tell if its a goose or swan...


My next shot is of Littlehampton beach looking from the promenade thru the stalls out across the ocean near the river. Liz and I had taken a trip into town after popping into Rustington, with the weather being so nice and it beeing good for a sea-walk. We walked along a bit further, going up alongside the river. As i looked back towards the ocean and pier, I spotted a swan swimming along the river.


2 comments: