Saturday, February 8, 2020

BIRD NEWS:553



Starting todays Arundel pictures, we are still at Swanbourne Lake. Here is a cygnet, surrounded by tufted ducks and mallards. The more distant shot shows a bunch more mute swans about to arrive on the scene.


One last shot of a colorful pigeon before I leave the lake and get along to the WWT Reserve just a couple of minutes before it opened.

HERE is a link to an article about how climate change is affecting the UK birds.



I arrived and decided to start my WWT photographs with a shot of the multiple bird and bat nesting boxes on the wall of the visitor center. Next, an info board about tawny owls.



Here are my Bewick pals - Silvertag and Orangetag - still in the enclosure opposite their usual habitat. They are sharing with a seagull, red breasted geese and mallards in this shot - but there are other species in their latest home too. Next up, an info board...


Finally for this post, I spotted a bird in the skies above me - can anybody hazard a guess as to what species it is from this blurry shot? CLUE: it's a bird of prey.

2 comments:

  1. Hawk? Why do I bother? I'm always wrong. :D

    I absolutely love the wall with all the birdhouses and bathouses. The bench is very picturesque, but it strikes me as a very dangerous place to site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um....close, lol. yes - its not OUR Betty its in memory of - but someone elses Betty....well i rarely see birds in the bird boxes, so its fairly safe - tho i rarely sit down there unless im having a cuppa

    ReplyDelete