Friday, June 2, 2023

BIRD NEWS:768

 






Starting today with Silvertag Bewick, starring on the bank of her lake in the first picture.



Orangetag Bewick is hanging out with mallards while preening in the rear.



Neither took much notice of me on this occasion.



The coots had young too!



So I took a few pictures of the parent coot hanging out with her babes and feeding them.



Also, of two of the trio feeding for themselves. It appears that akin to Australian blackbacked magpies, the young of this species will eat for themselves but still expect mama to feed them too! Maybe it is the same for all species....



A not so hot shot of a pochard ends todays' posting from Arundel WWT.



1 comment:

  1. I love that shot of the young coots foraging on the shore. I imagine all species must have some overlap where they forage for themselves while still being supported by their parents. I know humans are like that. Especially these days. 😀

    ReplyDelete