Friday, June 30, 2023

BIRD NEWS:776



Here is another shot of my visitor - Naboo. And, one last shot for now of my house guest.



The next trip Liz and I took was to Knepp Park.



After a smaller blackbird, the next series of shots were of a stork and young in a nest. Something new for me...



I took quite a few photos, trying to capture both the predominant adult stork and the younger heads bobbing up and down from the nest.



Liz and I counted 3 young total.



We didnt spend all day at this nest, of course....wandering on past the first nest to see many more birds as well as animals on our day out.



But as we wandered.....we saw more storks! This time 3-4 of them were flying in the distance - probably adult and young from another nest.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that giant stork nest on the top of the tree is amazing! Weird, though, because it seems like it would be vulnerable to weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well they have been breeding for some time on the site - we saw a pair that almost certainly came from Knepp Park on our excursion last weekend in Pulborough.

    ReplyDelete