Friday, June 30, 2023

BIRD NEWS:773

 



Back home, and robins were nesting in my work jeans.... One day I hung them up on ter laundry line to dry, and when I went out to fetch them in 2 days later, robins had built a nest inside.



The robins moved out but wrens moved in after I adjusted the position slightly to ensure the nest wouldnt be spoiled if there were gales....Here is one wren!



A couple of days later I went to get my tunic in - only to find nesting activity going on yet again. I was mildly concerned that at this rate I would have a washing line full of birds nesting in my laundry....but it will give me a good view and be cat-proof.




Our next excursion was to Wakehurt, and soon after arriving Liz and I spotted a greylag wandering around.



...then a pheasant...



...or two.



In fact, quite a lot of pheasants were around on our trip this time - including this duo - though we were unceratin if the duller one was a small female or a youngster out with dad.



HERE is an article about nightjars.


2 comments:

  1. You're going to need a new wardrobe soon, and you'll have to dry your wash indoors. 😀 Those are great pheasant pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not possible - i handwash, so its dripping when it gets put out - couldnt have it dry indoors or i'd have a big puddle!

    ReplyDelete