Wednesday, June 7, 2023

BIRD NEWS:770

 



We wandered round the gardens area and came across a bird related sign. 2 jackdaws and a pigeon were nesting in the old castle framework.



Wandering along the avenue of trees after our castle visit, Liz wanted to check out the stream from the area that had someting to do with trout fishing. First up we spotted a swan - then a pair of grey wagtails. I caught the former on camera, but my camera was messing about making noises and flashing when I turned the flash off - so I lost the wagtails.



Next we stopped breifly at Swanbounre Lake....



& I took some shots of the pigeons....and gulls, tufted ducks, mallards, etc



We then proceeded to WWT and I bought a vegan pasty, spotting a goose peeping into the cafe. As we exited to eat our picnic lunch at a table, we saw the goose still peeping inside.



There were still 2 female pelicans in their lake.



I found a couple of nenes.



2 comments:

  1. That shot of the castle wall is just amazing. So much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its kinda just an old building to me, but.....

    ReplyDelete