Wednesday, June 7, 2023

BIRD NEWS:769

 




I tried again, but again failed to get a decent shot of the pochard. However, I had better luck with taking a shot of nesting Canada geese! Mommy goose was turning her eggs...



Meanwhile, as we passed the picnic area, I spotted a pheasant rudely standing on top a table. It made a good photo, though.



Our next excursion was to Chanctonbury Ring and Steyning. Here we see a pigeon on Steyning church tower's window.



I also spotted a building with birds that looked like pigeons from a distance depicted upon the support wall. They might have been eagles or something , though to me they look like pigeons!!



My final photos from this day were taken in the back yard. I went out to collect dry laundry from the washing line and discovered a mass of twigs and grass sticking out from my jeans...



Apparently, jeans making a great nesting site for robins!! Alas, I thik they realised that the wind was too strong to keep that nest. I did leave my jeans hanging on the washing line in case though, as I saw nesting stuff further up a leg...



The next trip Liz and I took was to Arundel. We started off at the tulip Festival at Arundel Castle. One area was no access this year due to swans nesting....



I didnt know that THESE guys were Aussie.


2 comments:

  1. The pheasant thought that you set up a pedestal for him. 😀 I love the shot of the Canadian Goose turning her eggs.

    ReplyDelete