Saturday, June 10, 2023

BIRD NEWS:772

 



More babes from the WWT Center at Arundel, geese this time!



Next up, a pair of lapwings being observed closely - not only by myself on this occasion.



There is a peregrine falcon up there somewhere.....We overheard the boat guide say so to his excursioners as we wandered past the reedbed lakery.



There is another lapwing in the lapwing hide this time!



All in a row - Greylag goose, lapwing, and canada goose! Much nesting going on.



Also a stage further than last trip - here is the reedbed nesting saga update - Mommy still on eggs but there may be some fluff too indicating at least one youngster has popped out!




My final picture for todays' post is from a solo Saturday hike to Littlehampton - via the coffee cart of course - as Liz was busy with a friend who had fallen and her family. I stopped at Mewsbrooks lake on my return home from popping into the commiunity fridge and spotted another show pigeon. I had already found one to enjoy on my way there, but hadnt taken my phone-camera out my rucksack.



1 comment:

  1. I guess you'll have babies from all the species on your next trip. 😀

    ReplyDelete