Monday, February 23, 2015

BIRD NEWS:10

As I write, it is now the first week of February and I have a lazy day at home with deliveries due and no set plans til work this evening. I therefore took my time to enjoy a half glass red wine and some homemade garlic loaf while cooking a roast veg lunch in the kitchen - with my camera at hand. Mr Black sat on the hedge in a sunny spell, just as lazy as myself.



 
Meanwhile, Mr Bob perched on the washing line, prior to diving into the bird table to dine on his feast. There had been a mild fluttering of snowflakes for some of the morning, but not enough to lay or last. It was however, a little colder than the past few days had been. When I next peeped away from slicing onion and cutting carrot, Mr Black and Curio were fluffed up in the apple tree as a few more flakes of snow fell down around us.


There was activity in the bird bath, and I spotted - as did my camera - a blackcap taking a bath. At least, the poor mite tried to have a bath - but there was only a thin layer of fresh water sitting on top a hard layer of ice in which to bathe. It tried a few times, but ended up just taking a drink. Curio then flew in to the plastic bird bath and did likewise...



2 comments:

  1. Brrr. Kind of cold for a bath if most of the water is frozen. They're better off waiting.

    By the way, the link on the first of the last three pictures isn't working. I had to download it to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess birds go more by 'rain is coming - go bathe!' than tmperature, lol. Seems to be working for me....

    ReplyDelete