Tuesday, February 10, 2015

BIRD NEWS:6

I walked along onto the gravelly beach when no pigeons surfaced, a little to the other side of my usual haunt. I had spotted ONE of the gang. He soon spotted me, seemed to remember me slightly, and walked slowly towards me. However it was not until I poured out some seed from my tub onto the stones that he came a bit closer. You might just spot a second member of the gang in the far distance - if you have good eyesight!

My pigeon pal seemed to dance around the seeds suspiciously at first, but I put this down to the fact that a gang of seemingly homeless men had moved into the shelter that I normally sit in. Soon, the other bird came close, hopeful not of food but romance...


After his departure, the first bird surveyed the food once more. Next we move on to the indoor birdlife I encounter on my usual coffee stop with a friend in Lancing. Bluey the budgie seemed curious to see me - possibly as I skipped a trip to visit last month and he had to recall who I was - oh yes, that lady with the shiny pink box that stares at him...

Meanwhile, Naboo was up to his usual anti-photo antics, bouncing about just as I try to take a shot...



3 comments:

  1. I love the two pigeons on the beach with the waves crashing in the background. Very romantic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait til you see the photos I took of the beach gang yesterday....! I got a shot of some pigeon-romancing...with dark stormy background.

    ReplyDelete