Tuesday, February 17, 2015

BIRD NEWS:8

The final few days of January continued with wet and windy weather alternating with sunny or overcast patches. The very last day however gave us some snow! Finally!!!

Photowise, I tried yet again to get some good shots of Plate-face the fatter of the two thrushes...

...and a friend snuck in to join her...

Here she is munching away at a chunk of something she must have found elsewhere - I certainly don't buy or eat white bread...



OOPS! She spotted me! She then hopped off into the veg plot, where you can see my mooli and garlic. The next photo is supposed to be of Plate-face being observed by a jackdaw in the bird table. However, the thrush did not show up amongst the soil, bush, grass, and debris, so I have only shown the jackdaw. At least, I tried to - but the photo was not very successful.



There she is again - off in the undergrowth, searching for food...and taking refreshments in the stone bath.


4 comments:

  1. I always like the bird bath pictures. How do the thrushes and jackdaws get along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thrushes run for cover whenever most birds are about - even blackbirds. They dont mind the robin or sparrows much though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I wonder how they decide who to be afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gues it is vibe - the attack vibe, the snatch food at any cost vibe the defend the territory vibe...

    ReplyDelete