Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BIRD NEWS:16

You might just spot the sparrow on the tree in this shot! (This blog host does not leave the photographs large enough for good viewing, so you might have to click on the picture to see it better.) We are now in the third week of February 2015, approaching Losar and past Valentine's Day. I felt lazy one day and lay down on my bed with camera nearby. I was treated to multiple appearances. Firstly, Sing and Song arrived to munch suet pellet and seed on my sill. 


In return for the food, Sing and Song set up a duet whilst one remained on the sill and the other on the roof overhang above. You can see and hear them HERE on this video I shot.

I then captured a sparrow with a chunk of suet pellet in his beak. She had returned to the tree to eat it after diving to the sill to snatch it up. This was closely followed by a red blurr - Mrs Bob.


A day later, I peeped out the kitchen window while baking and spotted someone investigating next door's bird box - spring is in the air, folks!




 

3 comments:

  1. Spring can't get here soon enough for me. :D Those shots through the window are really cool, with the contrasting jumble of leaves in the foreground and the bird looking kind of ethereal in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one very polite way to say 'your pot plant is overgrown' lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah. :D Actually it does look really cool, though.

    ReplyDelete